Buying a house is a big step. The right time to take this leap depends on your financial and personal situation as well as your goals. If you are considering buying a house now, here are some strong reasons why the timing could be right:
- Housing prices in Texas have been steadily rising at a moderate pace for many years, even while other states have experienced wild price fluctuations.
- There are Texas-specific programs that can lower your interest rate or provide additional tax-credit incentives.
- Interest rates are at or near record lows. Even small reductions in the interest rate can significantly boost the purchase price you can afford when buying a home.
- Texas has one of the most affordable housing markets compared to household income, according to the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M
- Our state’s economy is strong and diverse, and the population is expected to continue growing steadily. These factors all point to continued health in the housing market.
As a Texas REALTOR®, WE can show you how our current housing- market conditions factor in to your goal of buying a home. You can count on us to put your interests first while I assist you during this exciting process.